Tuesday 25 January 2011

Paper cutting and shaping workshop

 We were given paper card to work with and told to make whatever shapes we wanted with the paper.
 At first i found it quite easy but after making a few random shapes it became more of a challenge.
 I took photo's of each at different angles.
 This design took quite a while t figure out but once I had made it I was quite impressed



 I seen figured out through trial and error what my favourite look was, tubes and sharp folds.


 For some reason the sharp folds made the designs look more professional but were very easy to make.




 We were then asked to take our favourite design and base another ten or so on that style and same number of cuts but folding in different ways.










 This end design is very different to the other's in the "family" but I still took pictures because once again i liked the sharp bends.

I found this session extremely enjoyable, much more than i thought it would be originally because it was so simple yet so effective, and with the right lighting I'm sure even the most simplest of designs would look very complex and imaginative.

No comments:

Post a Comment